Zanzibar Island Beach Holiday

Zanzibar Highlights

Are you planning to visit Zanzibar? or you have already arrived and looking for best things to do in Zanzibar for your vacation? This guide will help you to find general things you can do and where to start. 

Zanzibar is an archipelago within United republic of Tanzania with the size of about 86 km long and 39km wide , Unguja and Pemba, as well as several smaller islands including MafiaChumbe and Mnemba Island both together are forming Island of Zanzibar.

Zanzibar island population is approximately 1.5 million, while their official language Kiswahili. About 98% of the population are Muslims, the other 2% are Christians or Hindus.

Zanzibar International Airport lies about 5 kilometres south of Zanzibar City (including it’s old quarter of Stone Town, which has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.).

Tourism Sector and Spices are Zanzibar’s main industries that contribute their economy Zanzibar is often still referred to as the Spice Islands due to the production of cloves, nutmeg, pepper and cinnamon and also attract more tourist to visit spice farms.

Climate of Zanzibar

Zanzibar being pitched on the south part of equator has a tropical climate and is hot and humid all year round – absolutely the perfect place for a beach holiday experience!

From October to March, temperatures average 31-33 degrees Celsius. The Kuzi wind in April comes along with rains until May/early June. They have a very strong wind from June to August cooling the temperatures to around 26 degrees Celsius.

Temperatures at night never drop below 19 degrees Celsius, even in the coolest months. Wind in November and December bring the short rains, which are normally light and don’t last long, In fact Rain in Zanzibar comes in short, sharp showers in the morning or afternoon,